Wednesday, March 16, 2011

irish or not, let's celebrate

I may be Italian by blood, but when March 17 rolls around, I'm Irish in spirit.  There is something I love about St. Patrick's day (aside from another excuse to enjoy a cold, refreshing pint or two on a week night).  I don't know if it's because I've been in Boston so long, or grew up with a best friend whose family's anniversary was on St. Patrick's day.  Either way I have to admit I'm looking forward to wearing green tomorrow.  I think my love for this holiday might have something to do with the end of winter.  We are at this point, less than a week away,  from the "official" first day of Spring.   I am so excited about the new time change, so when I leave work it's still sunny out and I'm not tempted to go home and hibernate, but rather, feel inspired to go for a run.  

St. Patrick's day for me is a festive time, filled with the bright fresh spring green we are soon (but not soon enough) about to encounter.  I happened to stumble upon some potted clovers, "shamrocks" if your Irish, at the grocery store this past weekend and just had to buy them, to get in the true spirit of the holiday and awaken my senses for the promise of Spring.  I've had them on my window sill in the bathroom, which gets the most direct sunlight and they seem to be quite happy there.  I couldn't help but capture and share their delicate beauty as they looked so alive and happy in the sun's golden rays.  


Happy Saint Patrick's Day!








1 comment:

  1. Hey Jilli!! We missed you and your mom & dad for the annual corn beef & cabbage dinner! Sure hope you guys have a wonderful Paddy's weekend!! xxxooo love, Mrs. deb

    ReplyDelete