Thursday, March 10, 2011

sometimes i feel like writing...sometimes i don't

I was going to start this post by apologizing for not contributing anything new in over a week and then I got to thinking...Why should I feel guilty for not writing, when the title of this blog clearly states "sometimes" I feel like writing?  When I decided to start this blog in the first place, it was on a whim.  I hadn't planned on writing a blog or pondered over a name and topics of what my "audience" would want to read.  No, the idea came to me amidst a serious case of winter blues when I found myself reviving my (on again, off again) creativity to rescue me from the cold, dark days of January.  I was looking back on an old blog I wrote while in college, working for Undergraduate Admissions at Suffolk University and writing  from an art student's perspective, when I realized that casually writing about my "art projects" would keep me doing them and also allow me to share my processes with family and friends.  So that was it, I thought about it for a few minutes, chose a name (I eventually wasn't too thrilled about, but am defending its origin now) and the rest is history.

Now that  I have established a (very small) audience base and some followers, I feel obligated to keep writing and keep crafting.  Lately I have been working on the brown and tan wrap bracelet I've mentioned a few times, but only in small doses here and there, in between doing my taxes and "training" for a 5K I'm running this Sunday.  Recently, as in the past 6 months or so, I have been struggling with trying to get back in shape.  I am by no means in poor physical health, but as an ex-runner I am determined to gain back my stride.  I have been sticking to it as of late and have, in part, this approaching 5K to thank as a goal to keep me heading to the gym.  Despite my busy schedule, I've been working away on the bracelet inch by inch so I might as well show you where it's at right now.

Vintage gold button for the clasp


I am using three different colors of Czech glass beads, faceted round beads, two colors are the same size and the third color is a bit larger, which I have incorporated into the center of the bracelet.  I don't have to much more to go at this point, so I hope to have a finish product to show any day now.  As for new projects on the horizon, I have been recently doing research on portfolio design as I need to create a professional portfolio.  The portfolio I am in possession of now is pretty pathetic, all student work and out of date, so it's time to put something together that will really highlight my strengths.  

No comments:

Post a Comment