Saturday, February 26, 2011

leather wrap bracelet...the girl version

It's been about a week since my last post and I've been eager to share my new bracelet with you, but I've been having camera troubles.  I'm happy to be writing again and even more excited I've finished another leather wrap bracelet, this time for myself.   As mentioned in my previous blog, the process is simple, and I find it quite relaxing so I started a bracelet last week sometime and I've just been working on it casually, while watching TV or waiting for my wash at the laundromat. I made a five wrap bracelet, which turned out to be about 3 feet long in total., so you can image it took some time.  It's brown distressed leather with aqua blue faceted glass beads and a sterling button for the closure.


I took this picture in the beginning of the bracelet, once I put the metal button and about 40 beads on.  You can see I'm using a very fine metal needle, two strands of leather, Czech glass beads, nylon thread, seen here on the small spool and beeswax to wax the thread together. 


This close up shows how the nylon tread secures the beads to the leather and how well the faceted glass beads catch and reflect light.



I really like how the finished product turned out.  I was hesitant to buy that sterling silver button at first because it was a little expensive and I had some older metal buttons in my supply kit, however I am really glad I chose to buy it because I think it's a great contrast against the brown leather and really accents the blue glass.  

Tomorrow I am having a few girlfriends over to teach them how to make these bracelets and watch the Oscar's, enjoy some delicious snacks and just hang out.  I plan on starting another bracelet, this one with the same brown distressed leather but using warm brown, tan and orange Czech glass beads.  


I can't wait to show you the finished product!




No comments:

Post a Comment