Tuesday, February 1, 2011

getting there

I put all of the stickers on the board tonight and I cannot wait to paint it black and pull off the stickers to see the final result!  It's almost done!

I would love to put the paint on tonight, but I'm getting tired and don't want to rush though and potentially screw it up (especially after all the prep work).  I'm planning on using a light and very dry covering of black acrylic paint and then incorporating a few subtle streaks of navy blue and forest green to add a little color.  I also want to add a little black oil-based paint to add extra contrast and texture.  My hope is to create a finished product that looks naturally aged and doesn't have that freshly painted look.

This pictures just shows the pile of leftover sticker backing that was peeled away after the tedious task of putting them all on the board. Hopefully all this work pays off...we'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment